Make this summer great by supplying lunches for children in our community!
Canton First UMC will be a distribution site for the MUST Summer Lunch Program, located at 930 Lower Scott Mill Rd, Canton 30115.
Join Canton First UMC as we partner with MUST Ministries to provide nutritious meals to children in Cherokee County this summer beginning June 1 - July 24, 2023. By volunteering to distribute food for the MUST Summer Lunch Program, you will be making lunches possible for children all across our local community.
Ways to Serve:
Mondays | 10:00AM - 2:00PM
- Assist with preparing and staging Meal Kits then distributing the kits to the Drivers and Riders.
- Driver and Rider Distribution will start at 11:00AM. Pick-up will be held at the church Fellowship Hall. Each group will receive their assigned route and kits for the day.
- Routes: There are 6 routes every Monday. 1 Driver and 1 Rider will be needed for each route.
Thursdays | 10:00AM - 2:00PM
- Assist with receiving donations and assembling Meal Kits. Donations will be received at the church Fellowship Hall.
- Donations: Complete Meal Kits are preferred and can be brought to the church on Thursdays between 10:00AM - 2:00PM. For a list of items along with instructions for assembly click here. This is a great way to get your work group, neighborhood group, Sunday school, and/or Bible Study involved in helping to feed kids in our community this summer.
How Do I Sign-Up to Serve?
- All volunteers that sign-up to check and pack on Mondays and Thursdays must sign-up here.
- Minimum age for Checkers/Packers is 10.
- Drivers and Riders are required to complete a background check prior to singing-up. This can take approximately 72 hours or more to process and is an annual requirement. Click here to complete the Driver/Rider Background Request.
- Minimum age for Drivers/Riders is 25.
Driver and Rider Additional Information:
- After your background check has been completed, you will be able to select your dates to serve.
- Please arrive at Canton First UMC at 11:00AM on Mondays at the Fellowship Hall to receive your detailed instructions and driving directions for your route.
- Come with an empty car (i.e., back area/backseat) to be able to hold 75-100 Meal Kits depending on your route. These are non-perishable items and do not need to be refrigerated.
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. You will be provided with a MUST Summer Lunch T-shirt to identify yourself.
Contact for more information.