LATEST UPDATE FROM PASTOR KENNY OTT:
Register Online for
On-Campus Worship Online Now
Words cannot express how much we have missed being able to gather with you for in person worship over these last several months. After careful consideration and planning, Canton First UMC has scheduled reopening for on-campus worship for July 12. We are excited and eager to welcome back our church members and regular attenders, as well as our visitors and their families! However, we are doing so cautiously to keep everyone safe by following the guidelines set forth by health officials. Our FAQ section can be found in the"Our Plan to Regather PDF" and will answer most of the common questions regarding how the church will operate as we move towards on-campus worship. You can download the PDF document by clicking the button below. The information provided is prepared in consideration of the CDC, UMC North Georgia Conference Office, and local government guidelines with the highest regard for the safety and well-being of our church family and community.
OUR PLAN TO REGATHER IS GROUNDED IN THE THREE SIMPLE RULES OF METHODISM:
We are a people that do no harm. We practice safety precautions and physical distancing to minimize harm to others, especially the vulnerable.
We are a people that do all the good we can. We care for the spiritual and physical needs of our neighbors, providing food, emotional support, and supporting our health care system.
We are a people that stay in love with God. When we love God through prayer, praise, and worship, we grow in love of our neighbor. Love of God and love of neighbor are inseparable.
As the stay-at-home restrictions continue to become more relaxed, we can begin to consider what ministries can begin to meet on-campus. With this in mind, the Canton First UMC Leadership Team and Coronavirus Task Force have implemented a reasonable and safe phased-in regathering plan.
Our Current Phase
- We are continuing Online Worship at 9:30a (Modern) & 11:00a (Traditional) at cantonumc.online.church.
- The Church Office has returned to normal office hours (Monday-Friday, 8:00a - 4:00p). Church staff has transitioned from a work-from-home model to regular in-office hours as of June 1. All offices and any utilized spaces are being thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- Committees may request to meet on-campus adhering to special guidelines or choose to continue meeting virtually.
- Sunday School Classes and Small Groups continue to meet virtually or off-campus.
- Public access to the facilities is limited. Individuals may gain access to the building during regular business hours by pressing the intercom button to be "buzzed-in."
- We are asking that every person who enters our building is self-monitoring their health prior to arrival. Please take care of your health and protect others. If you are feeling sick, have a fever, sore throat, cough, or other symptoms, please stay home. Learn more about the symptoms of Covid-19 at CDC.gov.
- We are making plans for a Soft Reopening Worship Experience, July 5, at 9:00a (Modern) & 11:00a (Traditional). There will be limited seating for our soft opening. We will provide more details regarding pre-registration in the coming weeks.
Beginning July 12
- Worship on-campus will resume Sunday, July 12, with restrictions on the number of attendees and implementation of safety guidelines. We will hold two services at 9:00a (Modern) & 11:00a (Traditional). **Please note the time for our Modern Service has changed from 9:30a to 9:00a.
- Seating will be limited at each service to ensure that we are practicing physical distancing. Persons attending in-person worship will be required to reserve a space by registering online or calling the Church Office at (770) 479-5202. Online registration will be available two weeks prior to the scheduled worship service.
- Every person attending in-person worship will be required to wear a face mask from the time you leave your car until you return to your car.
- Adult Sunday School classes, Church Small Groups, and Recovery Groups may request to begin meeting on-campus within guidelines, or off campus, as of July 12. [Call the Church Office to check availability for on-campus at (770) 479-2502]. Exception is Sunday mornings which are limited to Worship Services only.
- There will be no Adult Sunday School classes, Small Group, Children's Church, Childcare, or Student gatherings on Sunday mornings during this phase.
- We will continue to livestream all of our services online. Watch Church Online at cantonumc.online.church.
- We will adjust our Church Reopening Plan for in-person worship, meetings, small groups, and other activities as we receive changes and updates on pandemic information and related guidelines.
- Reopening to Community use of CFUMC facilities will be considered during this phase.